The Knee Society / AAHKS Specialty Day
On March 10, 2018, The Knee Society will be hosting its open meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana in cooperation with American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) at the AAOS Annual Meeting Specialty Day. The program offers 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ through accreditation for each program.
Saturday, March 10, 2018 – New Orleans, LA
The Hip Society’s program is available here.
Save the Date!
Saturday, March 16, 2019 – Las Vegas, NV
Past Specialty Day Programs:
AAOS/AAHKS/The Knee Society
Innovative Surgical Techniques and Emerging Technology in Knee Arthroplasty: UKA to Revision
Enhance your surgical skills and stay on top of your game!
This exciting, surgical skills course led by the top surgeons in the field will bring you up to speed on current best practices, as well as emerging technologies designed to enhance patient outcomes after total knee arthroplasty. Learn how treatment methods have evolved, and familiarize yourself with new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques during hands-on breakout sessions. In addition to lectures, surgical demonstrations and cadaver labs, the course will include several small group sessions to discuss interesting cases, including your own challenges, with peers and faculty.
Course highlights include:
- Hands-on experience with new robotic technology and patient specific instrumentation
- Current concepts in TKA
- New section on practice management, including key elements for outpatient knee arthroplasty
- Small group breakout sessions and case-based panel discussions. Bring your own cases for review!
Who should take this course?
Orthopaedic surgeons who want to learn more about emerging techniques and controversial topics pertaining to partial, primary, and revision knee replacement.
Contemporary Approaches to Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction ®
The format of Contemporary Approaches was designed to promote open dialogue and to encourage high level of audience engagement. The course objectives are to address common real-world scenarios and to provide participants with the knowledge and tools needed to effectively manage these clinical situations. Contemporary Approaches 2018 will be presented on May 18, 2018, at IU Health Saxony Hospital, in Fishers, IN. View the 2017 Program.
- Small group case-based format
- Closer interaction with world-renowned faculty
- Key primary hip and knee arthroplasty concepts
- Avoid and manage potential complications
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, outpatient arthroplasty, bundled payment model
- Expert panel and modern perioperative management
- Video vignettes of select surgical techniques and tips
Joint Arthroplasty Mountain Meeting (JAMM)
presented by The Hip Society, The Knee Society, and AAOS.
Details about 2019 JAMM are coming soon.