The Knee Society Scientific Awards
The Knee Society annually presents three (3) scientific awards for papers submitted from the various training programs or from practicing orthopaedic surgeons, both members and non-members, for presentation at the Specialty Day Meeting of The Knee Society (during the AAOS Annual Meeting).
Top 3 papers are selected for the following awards:
- The Chitranjan S. Ranawat, MD Award (with a $1,000 honorarium).
- The John N. Insall, MD Award (with a $1,000 honorarium).
- The Mark B. Coventry, MD Award (with a $1,000 honorarium).
Any and all of these awards are granted at the discretion of the Education Committee of The Knee Society.
The deadline to submit a full manuscript in consideration for an award is December 1, 2018.
The 2018 Knee Society Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
The Knee Society is honored to recognize Peter S. Walker, PhD and Richard S. Laskin, MD † as recipients of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. The awards were presented at The Knee Society/AAHKS Specialty Day on March 10, 2018, in New Orleans, LA.
About The Lifetime Achievement Award
The Executive Board of The Knee Society recognizes the accomplishments of the distinguished persons who have created a legacy of contributions to study arthritic diseases of the knee through the Society’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Criteria for the Award
- Nominations are solicited once every two (2) years. The frequency of solicitation may be changed at the discretion of the Executive Board, and at the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Recipient need not be a member of The Knee Society.
- The Award may be awarded posthumously.
- Contributions are durable in print, either in books or in peer‐reviewed articles.
- Contributions are pioneering and/or creative, with legacy value.
- Nominations will be received only from members of The Knee Society, with one member as the primary nominator and two members as seconders. Nominations are due by July 1st of the year that the call for nominations is sent out.
- The Lifetime Award Selection Committee will be comprised of five (5) members, including President of The Knee Society President, the immediate Past President, and the three Vice‐Presidents.
- The nominee, as selected by the Lifetime Award Selection Committee, will be presented to the Executive Board of The Knee Society at the Members’ Meeting, and approved by a simple majority vote.
- Upon approval of a nominee by the Executive Board of The Knee Society, the Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to the recipient or his/her delegate at the following Open (Specialty Day) Meeting of The Knee Society.
Peter S. Walker, MD, recipient of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award, with Dr. Lombardi and Dr. Greenwald (New Orleans, LA)